Parenting Support & Education
What is parenting support & education?
As much as we wish they did, children don’t come with manuals. Parenting in the digital age can be very overwhelming. Parenting is something we were never meant to do alone.
Every phase of child development presents its own unique set of challenges. Part of supporting you with navigating those stages is understanding social emotional development and age-appropriate expectations so you can parent with confidence and connection.
Whether you are finding yourself laying awake at night wondering if you could have handled a situation better, are trying your best to raise an amazing human or are completely overwhelmed by the daily challenges of parenting, an experienced parenting educator can support you.
Tara’s extensive background and training working with children and families for over twenty years gives her a unique perspective on supporting parents in a way that validates your needs while also building essential life skills for your children.
To book with Tara, please email her directly at [email protected]
Commonly Asked Questions About Parenting Support & Education
Tara works remotely; to book with Tara you may either contact her directly by email at [email protected], or you can contact her directly through her website at https://www.taragratto.ca/.
Tara works with parents to help them with the following:
- Navigate and understand child behaviour
- Learn ways to support big feelings
- Use kindness for discipline
- Implement tools and strategies that foster confidence and connection
- Develop plans for transitions & change (daycare/school/camp)
- Talk so children will listen
- Build tools for emotional regulation (learn how to lose your cool less and teach children how to navigate their feelings)
- Build effective boundaries (tech, friendships, parent-child relationships, etc.)
As parents, we often find ourselves wondering if we’re doing the right thing. Are we setting the right boundaries, should we say no, how to navigate big feelings, etc. Tara can help you come up with a plan that works for your family’s unique situation to help you get through the rough patches and set the stage for continued success.
Tara helps support families through the good and the bad times, including all of the following (and more):
- Tantrums, definance, talking back, ignoring
- Emotional regulation, socio-emotional development
- Children and parental mental well-being
- Everyday challenges and school readiness
- Introversion/Extroversion, body space awareness, consent & body autonomy
- Parents who yell and who lose their cool
- Bedtime pushback
- Tech/screen limits and boundaries
- Sibling dynamics (including introducing a new sibling), peer relationships
- …and more
At this time, Tara’s services are not covered by insurance.