The Wellness Fund
Making perinatal healthcare more accessible
Breaking down financial barriers
As a trusted source of care for fertility, perinatal and pediatric care in Toronto and Newmarket, we aim to serve all pregnant people, parents, kids and their extended families. Our goal is to bring our services to clients in communities everywhere, including those in marginalised and under-served communities.
We recognize that not all clients have access to the same resources and understand that some clients are or at-risk from experiencing poverty and discrimination. To help break down this financial barrier and provide care to everyone, we’ve introduced The Wellness Fund.
What is Oona’s Wellness Fund?
Oona’s Wellness Fund is a pool of money that can be used by eligible clients towards any of our services.
It is funded by donations from the community.
Clients who are eligible will have to be referred to us by their primary care physician or midwife. In order to be eligible, the client must fall under a minimum of 3 of the following categories:
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or Person of Colour)
- Life changing medical diagnosis
- Any form of disability
- Developmental delay of birthing person or baby
- Underhoused (homeless) or living in shelter system
- Family income of $45k/yr or less
- On Government Assistance
- Refugee status
- No immigration status
- No family or outside support people
- History of or current mental illness/mental health diagnosis
- Victim or survivor of abuse/trauma
- Child protection involvement
- Substance use
- No health benefits outside of OHIP
- No OHIP
How can you help?
Help us make our services more accessible