Parenting Support & Education in Newmarket
What exactly is parenting support & education?
As much as we wish they did, kids aren’t born with instruction manuals. Trying to figure out the nuances of parenting in this digital age can feel very overwhelming. We were never meant to parent in isolation, hence the need for a village! (And now, parenting consultants!)
To assist you in navigating these phases, it’s crucial to grasp social and emotional development, along with age-appropriate expectations. This knowledge empowers you to parent with self-assurance and closeness.
Each stage of a child’s growth comes with its own new and different challenges. Part of supporting you with figuring out how to navigate those stages is helping you understand social emotional development and age-appropriate expectations so you can parent successfully and with confidence.
Whether you’re lying awake at night wondering how you could have handled a situation differently, thinking about how you can raise a successful human, or are just grappling with the daily trials of parenthood, a seasoned parenting educator is there to support you in supporting your little one.
Tara’s extensive background, which includes over two decades of experience working with children and families, allows her a unique perspective on supporting parents, which validates your needs and concerns, while also building important life skills for your children.
To book with Tara, please contact her directly at [email protected].
Commonly Asked Questions About Parenting Support & Education
To book with Tara, you may either email her at [email protected] or contact her through her website at https://www.taragratto.ca.
Tara works with parents to help them with the following:
- Navigate and understand child behaviour
- Learn ways to support big feelings
- Use kindness for discipline
- Implement tools and strategies that foster confidence and connection
- Develop plans for transitions & change (daycare/school/camp)
- Talk so children will listen
- Build tools for emotional regulation (learn how to lose your cool less and teach children how to navigate their feelings)
- Build effective boundaries (tech, friendships, parent-child relationships, etc.)
As parents, we often find ourselves wondering if we’re doing the right thing. Are we setting the right boundaries, should we say no, how to navigate big feelings, etc. Tara can help you come up with a plan that works for your family’s unique situation to help you get through the rough patches and set the stage for continued success.
Tara helps support families through the good and the bad times, including all of the following (and more):
- Tantrums, definance, talking back, ignoring
- Emotional regulation, socio-emotional development
- Children and parental mental well-being
- Everyday challenges and school readiness
- Introversion/Extroversion, body space awareness, consent & body autonomy
- Parents who yell and who lose their cool
- Bedtime pushback
- Tech/screen limits and boundaries
- Sibling dynamics (including introducing a new sibling), peer relationships
- …and more
At this time, Tara’s services are not covered by insurance.