This class is held either Online OR In-person, but not both at once! Be sure to carefully verify your format and location when you register.
HypnoBirthing® is a comprehensive childbirth preparation course designed to prepare you fully and completely for the birth of your child.
You will learn relaxation and self hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm, and comfort. In addition to the self-hypnosis techniques described you will understand and appreciate the changes taking place in your body as your body moves through your birthing process.
You will become familiar with common birth interventions and the alternatives, while gaining complete confidence in the birthing experience.
You will also learn:
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing
- Why women in other cultures have birthing almost entirely free of discomfort
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding
HypnoBirthing® can help:
- Eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing
- Eliminate or greatly reduce the need for chemical painkillers
- Shorten the first stage of labour by several hours
- Eliminate fatigue during labour, leaving mother fresh, awake and with energy for actual birthing
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods
- Promote special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion
- Encourage a more rapid postnatal recovery
- Return birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion
Your registration fee includes all materials. For Online classes, all materials must be picked up from one of our Oona locations, or can be mailed to you at an additional cost. For in-person classes, all materials will be provided at the first class.
What our students are saying about the class:
This course gave my husband and I a special opportunity to connect, think about the birth of our baby, release our fears, and truly get excited about the process – including the actual birthing! Allison was a fantastic course facilitator and it was great to meet other HypnoBirthing® couples as well. We learned so much, enjoyed every class, and would highly recommend this course to any first time parents who are looking to learn more about the birth process.
We look forward to meeting you!