Join Cher Curshen, registered psychotherapist, for this free ONLINE 75 minute workshop that focuses on creating a mandala as a tool for meditation and self-care.
Becoming a parent can change your life in wonderful, and sometimes challenging ways. It can be difficult to navigate a balance between your identity as an individual and your identity as a parent.The drawing of a Mandala facilitates the potential for healing, knowledge, stability and inner peace. It provides the ‘artist’ with a reflection of self allowing them to take a step back and objectively reflect.
What is a mandala? The word mandala itself simply means “circle” in Sanskrit. The circle mirrors the Self as it represents wholeness and a model for the organizational structure of life itself, a cosmic diagram that shows the relation to the infinite and the world that extends beyond and within the mind and body. Mandala art begins with a central point and all other lines, colours, and symbols radiate out from that central place.
It is the connection that the mandala brings to Self and the Universe that makes it a wonderful self discovery tool. Through mandala creations you can intuitively regain perspective on what really matters in life, and focus on what is essential to you.
What to expect in this workshop:
- Participants will experience creating their own spontaneous creations of colour and form through a Mandala creation
- Discover their personal mandalas meaning through a reflective practice of writing and processing
- Optional group sharing
- Learn how to create a mandala diary for themselves for ongoing self reflection and self-care.
Participants will receive a mandala diary handout sheet
What you will need for the workshop:
- A blank sheet of paper cut to square or a square art pad
- Art supplies such as: oil pastels, chalk pastels, coloured pencils
- Something to create your circle like a plate or lid (freehand is ok too!)
- A quiet space